Protein & Veggie Packed Pizza Sauce
This protein & veggie packed red sauce is so versatile that it ca be used for anything you cook. What's even great about it is that you can add more or less of the ingredients and a bigger variety too. You cannot go wrong!
You will need:
- 1 canned passata or chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium sized onion cut into big-ish pieces
- 3-4 cauliflower sprouts
- 1/2 carrots cut into big-gish pieces
- 1/2 zuchinni cut into big-gish pieces
- 70-80 gr red lentils
- 250-300ml of vegetable stock
- Optional - 1tsp oregano (i added it later when making the pizza)
In a pan add some olive oil and the onion until it's softened.
Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the carrots become soft.
Blitz and the sauce is ready to be used with any dish you make.
TIP: Freeze small portions (or even make it as stock cubes) and use up to 3 months.