Hidden Burger Buns
This is a great way to add a bit of fun to the good old burger and a great idea for a lunchbox snack too.
For the meatballs:
Use any recipe you like!
Here's a TIP: Boiling the meatballs makes them softer & more fluffy than frying/baking them.
For the dough:
- 400gr all-purpose flour
- 125gr butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Putting it all together:
- Add butter to the flour & mix it in with your fingers to get a ‘sandy’ texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover with a towel & set aside (until meatballs cool down).
- Cut the dough into small pieces (25gr). Roll each one into small circles, add meatballs, cheese, tomato sauce - any ingredients you wish.
- Gently roll dough over meatball to create a ball. Place on baking tray, brush with egg white & sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook at 180o for 20-30 minutes until golden brown!